Skip to main content

The Beauty Room @Solaris Dutamas

As a lady who likes beauty and getting dolled up, a manicure and pedicure session is a must in my list! I try to get them done at least 2 or 3 months once. I know some people do it monthly! Wahhhh...so rich lah!

Anyway, recently I tried out the latest nail spa in town, The Beauty Room. Located in Solaris Dutamas, away from the hustle and bustle of super crowded malls, The Beauty Room is your "one stop point for the glam girls in town"! 



The moment I step inside the nail spa, the first thing that comes to my mind, "OMG! It's like a candyland!". The colourful jars are the first thing I see and the staff tells me that the jars contained colourful foot soak, not for use, just for decoration purposes. I find this super creative, and this helps in attracting more people to drop by and who knows, it may attract  kids too! :)


There is a customers lounge for customers to wait for their appointment, or just waiting for their friends. Complete with magazines, and a flat screen TV (picture below), guests won't feel restless while waiting!


Planting a different concept and interior compared to other nail spas, The Beauty Room separates the mani and pedi area. This is the manicure bar, which is situated in the main lounge. The pedicure area is at the back so customers can have privacy while getting their feet massaged and toenails beautified. Bliss!

I find the interior for the pedicure area very unique because they don't use normal couch that is common in many nail spas. The Beauty Room stands out by using modern design that symbolizes elegance and luxury.




The line-up of nail polish catches my attention! Here are some pictures of their collection. They carry Orly, O.P.I, Nubar and more!


From nudes, to pastels, to bold colours, to glitters! Just about anything you have in mind, ladies!


After observing the interior of The Beauty Room, it's time for my service..the moment we've been waiting for! Im served with some green tea and biscuits to indulge in while getting my nails done. I like sweet treats!



This is the tools for the manicure. Clean and neat. I like the tray!


I try the "Sweet Escape Spa Manicure & Pedicure". The service includes cutting, shaping, cuticle care, scrub, mask, and massage. I can't use nail polish at that time, so I opt for buffing instead.

As you can see, I don't have many photos of the service because I want to enjoy it and relax. hehe sorry! But I MUST SHARE these pictures below!! After doing the nails, it's time for for scrub and mask!


I choose Chamomile Mint for scrub, mask and massage which smells AMAZING!  The scent is definitely calming and soothing. Ahhh..love it :) It makes me want to fall asleep..

Now, are you ready to see some dirty stuff? LOL.



What are those, you're asking? Looks like the stuff that comes out when you use your eraser, right?  It's actually my DAKI (grime in English)  from my hands and arms!!! Oh my. I never knew my skin is this dirty! Ooops.. The scrub works its magic on my skin. Yay! Away with you, dirty skin!


Before finishing off with hand massage, the therapist, name Nadila, wraps my hand after applying mask all over. The mask makes my skin softer and fairer!


Tadaaaaa! Say hello to clean nails! :)

Next is pedicure! Sadly, no scrubbing and mask for my feet because of all the days, my feet has a number of blisters which hurt so bad :( So the therapist works on my toenails only, and will continue my scrub and mask at my next visit.

Let's recap my service:

1) Cutting, shaping, cuticle care, light foot filing
2) Scrub 
3) Mask
4) Massage

*One thing I notice that the therapist doesn't soak my hands into warm water. This is because The Beauty Room practices dry manicure, which means no soaking hand into water, and use nail softener instead. Wow, this is my first time doing dry manicure. Interesting..


The Beauty Room also provides waxing services!

The tools and products used for waxing.

Besides offering beauty services, they sell clothes and accessories too! All of the clothes are direct from Korea, and some accessories are from Korea and Malaysia as well. If you're planning a night out and not sure on what to wear, check out these pieces after your pampering session! Then you're all set! :)


Some of the accessories are silver and gold-plated, and use Swarovski crystals!



I can't stop taking more pictures of this place. The pastel colours in the jars are too cute! Like I said, reminds me of a candy heaven.


Nail care products for sale!





Thank you The Beauty Room and owner, Miss Rachel Park for having me the other day and thanks for the free foot scrub!! Thanks Nadila (therapist) for the beautiful nails and skin :)



FUN FACTS ABOUT THE BEAUTY ROOM: 

1) They practice dry manicure
2) Ice Gel Nail Polish is only available here! You can't find it anywhere else in Malaysia :) 


Im sure you're wondering about the price! Here's good news :) Currently they're having a promotion to celebrate their opening!


  • Forever Manicure & Pedicure (RM 65) (normal price RM 86) - A traditional manicure and pedicure starts with cutting your nails and shaping, followed by cuticle care, light foot filing, massage and a choice of your polish colour. Feeling clean and awesome again!
  • Sugar Sweet Manicure & Pedicure (RM 105) (normal price RM 160) - Treat your nails starting with Forever Manicure & Pedicure, followed by natural sweet sugar crystal scrub! As for pedicure in this package, services start with smoothing out cracked heels, followed by Forever pedicure, and then scrub! No more embarrassing feet!
  • Sweet Escape Spa (the one that I did) (RM 126) (normal price RM 210) - Pamper your nails and skin with Sweet Sugar Manicure & Pedicure, followed by a soothing and cooling mask for a brighter and softer complexion!
  • Buy 1 Free 1 ( waxing services only!) 


*If you know any manicurist or waxing therapist who needs a job, give them a call okay! They're hiring. 


If you feel like going for a pampering session this weekend after a long hectic week of work, head over to The Beauty Room and let your nails and skin be treated in the hands of professionals. You deserve this :) Call the number in the picture above for appointment!

Nail Bar, Waxing, Boutique, all in one! What more could you ask for? :)


                THE BEAUTY ROOM SDN. BHD. (1025108-W)
Block D2 Level G4 - 8
Solaris Dutamas,
No. 1, Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.


Service Quality : 4.5/5
Spa Experience : 4.5/5
Ambience : 4.5/5
Price : $$
Will I come back? : YES

Rating Guide
1/5 : Poor
2/5 : Fair
3/5 :Average 
4/5 : Good
5/5 : Excellent
$ :Budget
$$ : Mid-range
$$$ : Splurge 


Check out their Facebook page to be on the loop of their latest promo and other exciting activities :)


XOXO!

Comments

  1. i've read about this beauty room in Cleo and been searching for the price info..thanks so much for sharing dear..=))..
    p/s: i love beauty products and your review is such a great help. this blog is so gonna be in my bloglist!! keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shaff!!! Im glad I've helped you in one way or another :) Leave me your blog link so I can follow you too!

      Delete
  2. Another excellent review, we saw this advertised around Publika, This beauty room really does stand out and the price range seems reasonable as well , thank you again for such lovely work =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for visiting my blog. The Beauty Room is affordable and great service too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Posh! Nail Spa @TTDI

My nails needed some major treatment. My cuticles were dry and my toenails and cracked heels were just too... uhmm (too embarassed to say! *wink*). This definitely called for a manicure and pedicure session at the nearest nail spa. No need Bangsar, no need One Utama or The Curve though these places are near too, Im thankful to live in an area where awesome nail spas are just around the corner! I chose to get my treatment at Posh! Nail Spa in TTDI, in the morning at 11am and on a weekday. Weeehoooo. Why weekday? Because  I quit my job, that's why. We'll story that in another post? :) Anyway, this was my second trip to Posh! because the last time I was here, which was about a year ago, I had a great service and my nails were well done. I was greeted by a sweet lady who smiled and opened the door for me. AAhhhh..what a great way to start your morning, isn't it? Really people, a smile makes a big difference to someone's day! I love the entrance! It's like a mi

Hammam Spa @Publika

Salam and hello everyone! Hammam hammam hammam! Siapa tak kenal Hammam Spa..ask any spa lover, mesti diorang kata "omggg Hammam terbaik" ataupun yang tak pernah pergi lagi "omgg nak pegi pegi pegi!" Termasuklah me..dari dulu nak pergi Hammam sebab heard and read a lot of great reviews about it and how your daki totally gone lepas pegi Hammam Spa. Finally dapat merasa..Had to save up some money for this because it's a bit expensive. Hiks! Pada suatu hari yang cantik, Lina pun berhajat untuk mencantikkan diri, duit pun dah cukup..so I planned with my good friend Emma to have a day in at Hammam Spa, Publika. They have another branch which is at Bangsar Village, but tak sanggup nak redah jam Bangsar, we chose Publika as it was nearest to our home.  When we sampai Publika, memang confuse habis lah. Knowing Publika, you must study the blocks baru boleh jumpa tempat yang nak dituju. Called Publika tanya which block sebab malas nak Google hehe. After 5 to 10 mi

Koji Dolly Wink Workshop with Bloggers

Salam and hello everyone! Sorry I know I've been missing for awhile..was pretty busy with sister's wedding events, family gatherings, etc. But hey I'm back and I want to share with you this super kawaiii beauty workshop with bloggers which I attended earlier this month. Thanks so much to The Butterfly Project for extending the invitation to me! If you're familiar with asian makeup brands, I'm sure you have heard of Koji that produced Dolly Wink! Yes, that brand that only focuses to 'wow' our eyes! The workshop was conducted in a private area at Little Pantry in IOI Mall. My first impression when I stepped into the workshop "Omg. I want to wake up every morning with my room looking like this and all these kawaii makeup around me!!!" . Everything was colourful and girly, which I love! I'm a sucker for cute packaging so let's see some pics. Here's a brief story on Koji. Koji is one of Japan's leading makeup brand, fam